Support Sport and the Support Sport Lottery exist to benefit the community by supporting amateur sports clubs, academies and community sporting activities. We want to enable as many organisations as possible to benefit the lottery. As an organisation will be benefiting from Support Sport CIC’s lottery we have to ensure that organisations meet certain criteria.
Your organisation must be either:
- A sports club affiliated with a governing body
- A registered charity, with a board of trustees
- A registered Community Interest Company (CIC)
- A Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO)
- A philanthropic Company Limited by Guarantee
- Actively encourage or deliver sport or physical activity which benefits the local community.
- Have a bank account requiring at least two unrelated signatories
- Operate with no undue restrictions on membership
We will not permit applications from:
- Organisations with no involvement in sport or who can provide no evidence as such
Support Sport CIC reserves the right to:
- Reject any application for any reason without offering an appeals process.
- Cancel your affiliation with Support Sport Lottery if we receive evidence that your organisation is not involved in sport. If this happens, any lottery profits which would have been distributed to your organisation will be withheld and used in accordance with Support Sports Community Interest Statement.
Once approved on the platform, an organisation will receive:
- Your own webpage on the Support Sport Lottery website – with no set-up fees. You can edit your logo and description.
- You will get 50p from every paid ticket supporting your organisation that is entered into a weekly draw.
- Monthly payment of the money you’ve raised – with no banking fees.
- A lottery helpline to help your players with any queries they may have.
- Professionally prepared, seasonal marketing materials. Provided digitally in a range of formats.
- You will be asked to commit to using the marketing materials provided and other means of communication to achieve at least 20 ticket sales within four weeks of being provided a page on the site.
- No entries may be sold on any ‘street’ (as determined by the Gambling Commission) or to any person under the age of 16.
Lottery ownership and your relationship with Support Sport CIC:
- The lottery is owned and promoted by Support Sport CIC and all players who enter are entering Support Sport CIC’s Support Sport Lottery.
- Your organisation is applying to market and sell entries into Support Sport Lottery to your organisations supporters as directed by Support Sports CIC and in return receive a 50p benefit from Support Sport CIC as outlined above. You must not market the lottery other than as directed by Support Sport CIC and must meet the requirements of the Gambling Act 2005 at all times.
- If you have any questions, contact the External Lottery Manager, Prize Provision Services on 0115 888 1222.